In general, there are 3 critical steps in transforming your business with Cloud Technology and to create competitive advantage, along with gaining new ideas, creating new services or products, and retaining your existing client base:
Step 1: Model the Data
1.Understand, affirm or create, your Data models, Logical Models, Conceptual Models
Step 2: Transform your IT;
2.Transformation of your IT processes and systems using Cloud Platforms based on your Data which is now clean, modelled and understood
Step 3: Transform the Business;
3.Transformation of the business process, through better Data, and improved IT processes
The Cloud is the greatest channel for comprehending and then transforming your Data – IT and Business systems. Key points within our IP methodology are mentioned below:
- Confirm, amend or create: Data-Logical-Conceptual models, architectures
- Where is the data, how good is it, how is it used?
- Data Warehouse aggregation in the Cloud [could be private or public deployment models]
- Use BI [Business Intelligence] and then PI [Predictive Intelligence] to report and analyse the Cloud hosted data
- Identify assets, systems and data models to move over to the Cloud
- Create an ROI and justification
- This includes identifying the conversion of legacy applications including code bases such as: Visual Basic, old Java versions, Cobol, Delphi and early versions of .NET and ‘cloudify’ these apps and code
- Consolidation of multiple applications into one powerful application
- Addition and development of new features and specifications
- Addition of mobile capabilities using native or non-native HTML5
- Deployment of cloud in various high-availability configurations
- Management and maintenance of the applications
- Based on Data and IT Transformation
- Move business processes into the Cloud, to transform client experiences, internal usage
- Client centric Data and systems organization in the Cloud, will allow us to create new ideas, new products and services and competitive advantages, along with new revenue streams.
How to do it:
Model the Data;
- Use appropriate modelling tools, depending on the architectures you have.
Which will flow into a;
- Detailed methodology which will identify what assets can be moved to the Cloud and why [ROI]
Which allows clients to use;
- BI and PI [Predictive Intelligence] tools in the Cloud, to identify data relationships, new ideas, new products and revenue streams and areas of competitive advantage.
These 3 objectives are the real drivers of Cloud adoption.
Cloud Transformation: Data –> IS/IT –> Business Transformation